To utilize Guest Groups in CT6, there are a few configuration items that are important to complete before you start. Talk these different options with your Business Analyst to determine the best way to implement Guest Groups for your organization.
Template Events are linked to Packages and create Registrations when the Package is selected on the Itinerary. This allows for group attendees to submit Medical Forms, sign legal terms and answer additional questions or any other Attendee Workflow Steps that you assign.
- In CT5, go to Configuration > Events and click Actions > Create New Event.
- On the Details tab, fill out the information and then check the Template Event box.
- Go to Settings, fill out the required fields and set What type of people can register for this Event? to Group. Click Actions > Save.
- Go to Divisions and click and select Add.
- Fill out the required fields under Detail. The Event Name – Event Division Name will be used when linking to a Package.
- Under Settings, set Restrictions.
- Add any Attendee Sections that are needed. Read here to see what Attendee Workflow Steps are available?
Packages are a type of Resource that allows you to control the number or attendees and pricing on an Itinerary. You can also assign Template Events to add Group Registrations to an Itinerary to be able to collect information like Medical Forms from group attendees.
To create a Package, follow these steps:
- In CT5, go to Configuration > Resource Categories.
- Click Actions > Add Category > Package.
- Add a label and click Actions > Save.
- Click Resources and then right click and select Add > Package.
- Under Settings, fill out the required fields. To assign a Template Division, select from the drop down list.
- Click Charges and then click on and select Add.
- Fill out the required fields. Set the following fields to the values below:
- How do you want this to charge? By Resource
- How often do you want this to apply? By Reservation
- Create any additional Packages as needed.
Create Contract Types to be able to use different contracts for different types of groups. You can also use Contract Types to determine the Attributes that are available on an Itinerary.
- In CT5, create an Attribute Category that is attached to Itinerary and create Attributes in that category. How do I create an Attribute?
- In CT6, go to Config > Guest Groups > Contract Types.
- Click Add Contract Type.
- Fill out the name of the Contract Type, select Itinerary Attribute Categories to use and click Save.
Track an Itinerary from prospect to on property with custom Workflow Steps. Before creating Workflow steps, think through the entire process of booking a Guest Group. Here are a few ideas on how you can use Workflow Steps:
- Sales – Create steps to track prospects in the pipeline.
- Retreat Coordinator – Track who has signed contracts or who you need to follow up on.
- In CT6, go to Config > Guest Groups > Workflow Steps.
- Click Add Workflow. Enter a name and internal description and then click Save.
- Repeat as nessesary to add any remaining step. If needed, steps can be rearranged by dragging and dropping.
Allowing specific CircuiTree Users in your organization to be assigned to an Itinerary is useful for dividing work between multiple employees.
- In CT5, go to Application Settings > Security > Users and look up a specific user.
- Go to Privileges > Registration and click Allow next to Allow user to be Assigned To an Itinerary.
- Click Actions > Save.
Resources are a representation of items on property that can be reserved for a specific time and place. To set these up, read the following article: