When you have a large number of refunds you wish to process (e.g., after you close an event), you can use the CircuiTree Batch Refund Process to return the money, either electronically or by paper check. Our recommendation is that you perform this action after running the End of Event process.
- Go to Management > Accounting > Process Batch Refunds.
- Enter the search parameters to find the balances you would like to refund or distribute.
- The next screen gives you the option to distribute the credit to any other balances due, or perform a refund. These default to checked, but only select the entities you want to distribute to other balances due. Not all entities that show up here, have a balance due. You are simply giving the system permission to look for one and, if it exists, applying the credit there.
- Next, you will see the Process Refunds screen. On this screen, you will have the option to change the method of refund. For example, if a person paid with a credit card but you want to write them a refund check, you would simply click on the appropriate refund method (indicated below). Also, we have created an app setting that will allow you to choose whether you want to refund electronic refunds to the oldest or newest pay method. This is located in Application Settings > Accounting > BatchRefundUseOldestElectronicPayment.
A pop-up window will appear. From here, you can select the method of refund you want.
- Next, select Process Refunds. You will see a pop-up window asking the lowest check number. Your organization can select the starting check number for your refunds here. As each refund is processed, they will receive a checkmark in the Status column. Select Next when the process is complete.
- You will be taken to a summary screen that outlines the refunds that were completed. From this screen, you can process your e-checks (this will pull in all other e-checks, not just those from the refund batch process) or close your batch. You must close your batch in order to export the list of paper checks to be printed. However, this can be done at the end of the day when you normally close your batches. If you choose not to perform either of those options, simply select “Finish”, and your batch refund process is complete!
Show Me How
This video will walk you through the process of creating these batch refunds.