With summer quickly approaching, we know all of you are running around making last minute preparations and getting ready for campers to arrive. This time of year can be the most exciting, but also the most hectic!
With that in mind, we’ve got a recommendation that will help camp run much more smoothly: a mock run-through of a camp week! We know it will be an investment of time upfront, but it will save time in the long run, as well as identifying any questions or pain points in the whole process.
Here’s how it works:
1. Gather your staff members who are responsible for all the daily camp tasks and practice any pre-camp features:
- Housing Assignments in CT6
- Summer Staff Prep – If you’re using our staff features (particularly time off, payroll export and other HR Management queries/Reports)
2. Run through camper arrival and make a list of what you’ll need for opening day
- Camper check-in
- Medication check-in
- Camper reports
- Balances due and plan for taking payments
- Housing reports, etc.
3. Move through the daily routine for camp and determine who’s responsible for each task, such as:
- One-way email printing (Let your Business Analyst know if the nighlty batched emails need to be sent to a new camp email address)
- Camp Store Sales – SalesLink Training
- Financial interactions
- Kid care and activities, etc.
4. Send all summer medical personnel the documentation link for the Health Center so they can begin learning how to use it. This will help speed up their training once on site.
5. Run through all closing day administrative activities like refunds on store accounts, end of event process, etc. Consider utilizing the Quick Enroll feature that allows parents to register for next year’s event on the spot before leaving camp.
6. Review the Scheduled Emails that you have setup. Do you want to make sure to send certain reminders before attendees arrive or send a follow up message sometime after they have departed? Create custom emails that get sent to specific recipients based upon certain criteria that you set.
7. Finally, identify any holes in training or questions you may have an refer to our Support Site or contact us for assistance. Make sure you have someone on staff documenting all processes so they don’t get lost in translation! After you’re finished, share your experience in the comments section below.
We’re looking forward to another incredible summer with you guys!
Your CircuiTree Team