Sometimes Events fill up with Registrations quickly. In order to give your customers a fair chance to be able to register, without holding up the process, the Minutes to Hold Pending setting is here to help. Use the setting to determine the number of minutes that a Pending Registation, Lodging or Activity Reservation is held before it is released and included in the open spots calculation.
Here is an example of how the setting works with a Registration. The same would be true for a Lodging or Activity Reservation.
- Overnight Week 1 has one open spot remaining.
- MinutesToHoldPending is set to 15 minutes.
- Gwen Parks selects Overnight Week 1 for Victoria Parks which creates a Pending Registration.
- Overnight Week 1 status on Event Selection changes from Nearly Full to Full.
- Gwen doesn’t complete the Registation for Victoria within 15 minutes. Pending Registration is still saved.
- Overnight Week 1 status on Event Selection changes from Full to Nearly Full.
- Vicky Mitchell select Overnight Week 1 for Hannah Mitchell which creates a Pending Registration.
- Vicky completes the Registration within 15 minutes which creates an Active Registration for Hannah.
- Gwen goes back to complete Registration and is placed on the Waiting List.
- Go to Application Settings > Company Details > Application Settings > Registration > MinutesToHoldPending.
- Change the number of minutes then select Actions > Save Company.
- Reset App Setting on the Registration Site.