Discount rules are used as criteria to determine if discounts are eligible while pricing a registration or reservation. All automatic discounts must have at least one discount rule in order for it to be valid.
Add Discount Rule
Learn how to add a Discount Rule.
- Enroll Date: Uses the enrollment date of the given registration.
- Enroll Count (Current Year): Gets a count of all registrations for the given attendee and year (excluding WL and Cancelled).
- Enroll Count (All Years): Gets a count of all registrations for the given attendee (excluding WL and Cancelled).
- Discount Code: A user defined code that can be entered by the customer during the registration process.
- Days Before Start: Gets the number of days before the event’s begin date.
- Group Size: Gets the number of people that are attending with an itinerary.
- Age: Gets the age of the attendee on the arrival date.
- Location: Gets the location of the event.
- Event: Based on the registration’s event.
- Registration Type: Gets the itinerary’s registration type.
- Event Begin Date: Includes Events that start either before, on or after a given date.
- Event Type: Gets the event type that is set on the registration’s event.
- Event Year: Specify a specific year that discount will apply to.
- Event Division Type: Gets the event division type set on the registration’s event division.
- Maximum Uses: Gets the number of times this discount has been applied.
- Attendee Count (itinerary) and Attendee Count (year): Gets the total number attendees (must be named) for the given paying entity on the itinerary and event year; discount is applied to the subsequent attendees after the rule has been met (Ex. Attendee Count (itinerary) > 1; then each attendee after the first would receive the discount)
- Length of Stay (days): Gets the number of days that the itinerary is active for.
- Campaign Prospect: Restricts a discount to only apply to prospects of a Campaign.
- Rule Type: See definition of rule types above.
- Comparison Type: The type of comparison to use against the rule type value and the parameter value. The options are “Equals”, “Greater Than”, or “Less Than”.
- Parameter: The value that will be used in to compare to the rule type value.
Flat Amount vs. Percentage Discounts
When there are multiple discounts on an account, you may think some of the discount amounts don’t add up (especially when mixing flat amount discounts with percentage discounts). That’s because they are applied in a certain order that, depending on how they were added to the record, may change individual discount amounts. They are applied in the following order:
- Flat amounts (largest amount to smallest)
- Percentages (largest percentage to smallest) – Imagine you have a $100 tuition fee. You have an automatic discount of 50%, so the fee goes down to $50. Then, you add a $10 manual discount and expect the fee to go down to $40. Instead the system recalculates and subtracts, first, $10 from the initial $100 fee. Then, it takes 50% off of $90, which is $45.
Attendee Count works according to the following rules:
- Applied only to registrations
- Finds distinct Entity ID’s for Registrations that are:
- in the same event year
- is active or is the registration itself (always include the registration in question, regardless of status)
- same or less RegistrationID
- share the same itinerary entity id
- are NOT the itinerary entity id (aka no anonymous registrations, individuals only)