Giving the right access to your users is important. Learn how to create new users and assign them to the correct Organizations, Groups and Privileges.
When you create a person, you can also give them access to CT6.
- When creating a person, select Create CircuiTree User.
- Select Save.
A new user will be created using the following format:
- [Username Prefix].[First Initial][Last Name]
- Look up a person and go to Security.
- Select Details and then in the lower right hand corner, select Edit.
- Username – Update if needed. Must use same username prefix as other usernames (text to the left of the period).
- Password – Change password for user.
- Password never expires – Select for password to never expire. If not selected, user will be prompted to reset password every 6 months.
- Must change password – Select to prompt user to reset password next time they sign in.
- Job Title – Enter the user’s job title.
- Active – Unselect if user is no longer active.
- Read-only access – Select to give user read-only access.
- Select Save.
Users can be given access to specific Organizations if needed. Learn about how to configure Organizations.
- Select Orgs.
- Select to give access to the Organization for the user. Select to remove access.
Groups allow you to assign a user to a group of Privileges. Learn more about which Privileges are part of each Group.
- Select Groups.
- Select to assign the user to a Group. Select to remove access.
To give access to specific areas of CircuiTree, Privileges can be assigned per user.
- Select Privileges.
- Select to assign the Privilege to a user. Select to remove access. Privileges that are already assigned to the user via a Group are denoted by .
Under Profile, view the username, orgs and groups that the user is assigned to.