Need to send out an email to a segment of your customers letting them know some important information? Mass Email allows you to do so! You can customize emails with HTML or use a Mandrill Template. Personalize the email to the recipient or include other important dynamic information using Place Holders. Here is the process to send a Mass Email.
- STEP 1 – Add Email – Enter the subject and who the email is from.
- STEP 2 – Select Recipients – Choose a Mass Email query to select the recipients to send to.
- STEP 3 – Add Content – Create the content for your email.
- STEP 4 – Send Preview – See what the email will look like before you send it.
- STEP 5 – Send Email – See the results of the email that you sent.
- Go to Manage > General > Automated Emails > Mass Email.
- Use the Criteria to filter the results and select Find.
- Sender – Filter by the name of the sender.
- Show Sent – Select to show previously sent Mass Emails.
- In the lower right hand corner, select Add Email.
- Enter the information in the fields.
- From – Defaults to the user’s name.
- From Email – Default’s to the user’s email address.
- Reply To – Enter an email address for replies to go to.
- BCC – This is a semicolon separated list of email addresses; the last email in the queue will be blindly sent to this list.
- Subject – Enter a subject for the email.
- Message Format – Select HTML or Text.
- Select Save.
The next step is to select a query to narrow down the list of recipients and then enter the content of the email.
- Click Select Recipients to choose a query to send to.
- Filter the list of queries and highlight a query and select Continue.
- Enter the Criteria for the query to return the list of recipients that you want to send to and then select Save.
- Select Change to update the query or criteria.
Next, add content to your email.
- Add your content to the text editor.
- Template – Select a template. How do send an email using a MailChimp Template?
- Ignore Do Not Solicit – Check box to send to all customers regardless if they have Do Not Solicit checked on their account.
- Insert Place Holder – Place holders allow you to enter dynamic text into your email like the name of the recipient or the name of an Event.
- Select Save.
To see a preview of what your recipients will see, follow these steps.
- Select Recipients.
- To see a preview of what the email will look like, select preview.
- The details of the email will display with the placeholders populated. To send a preview of the email, select Send Preview.
Now you are ready to send your email!
- From either the Details or Recipients tab, select Send Email.
- The next screen will show a list of recipients to include in the email. By default, Include is selected to send to all recipients. To exclude a recipient, uncheck the box next to their name.
- To send the email, select Process Emails.
- The following notification will display, select Ok.
- If you leave the screen and want to see an update on the status of the email, refresh your browser and next to your profile name, select the notification bell.
- View the information about the email.
- When the email is sending and after it is complete, you can see a list of the results.